SSC or Staff Selection Commission is a specific body under the Government of India that holds the responsibility of recruitment of staff for several vacant posts in subordinate offices along with various departments of the government and even ministries. Any candidate who wishes to appear for this exam should have attained the age of 18 and must be under the age of 27.
SSC Exam Pattern
If you are taking the exam for the post of a data entry operator you need to appear for a written exam and a skill test. If you are taking the post of a Postal assistant/ Sorting assistant/ clerks of a lower division you need to appear for a written test along with typing test. SSC exam coaching in Bangalore can take you through the details of the written exam paper that consists of multiple-choice objective type questions. You will be tested on general intelligence, general awareness, basic knowledge of the English language and basic skills in arithmetic.
For job posts in the ministries, there are three tiers on exams that a candidate has to clear. Tier 1 comprises of a written test with multiple-choice questions. Those who clear this appear for Tier 2 that has three papers under it on English language, quantitative abilities and comprehension and statistics. Once you clear this, you go to Tier 3 wherein you undergo a personal interview that evaluates your skillset.
Strategies to clear the SSC exam in one go
- Time management is extremely crucial in this exam. When you begin with your preparations, ensure you first make a comprehensive schedule of study and then adhere to it. Enrolling in a good SSC Exam Coaching Centre in Bangalore can help you get into a fixed study routine and regular classes.
- Ensure you read one or more local dailies/ newspapers every day to keep yourself updated with current affairs, socio-political scenario around you and general awareness of events and activities.
- Try to read as much as possible. This will not only expand your knowledge on a vast number of subjects but also polish your English language skills.
- SSC exam coaching in Bangalore can also be very helpful with suggesting the right books for your preparation along with other relevant study material, questionnaires, sample question papers etc.
- NCERT books are a must-read during your preparation for the SSC exam. Ensure you read and revise the NCERT 7-10 books thoroughly.
- For you mathematics papers clear all your basic concepts along with formulae. Solving some of the previous years’ question papers can give you an understanding of what the reasoning section is going to be like.
- Pay attention to your vocabulary as this will help increase your comprehension and also assist in solving questions on synonyms, antonyms, sentences, paragraphs etc in your English language paper.
The best SSC exam coaching centres in Bangalore can help you in your pursuit of clearing it at the first shot. Join us at Success Mind Academy and make the most of your expert guidance and teaching methods that will easily sail you through.