SSC or Staff Selection Commission is a body that conducts a series of competitive examinations for different posts in the Central government (various Ministries and Departments in the Government of India) for students of various eligibilities. They also conduct recruitment processes for subordinate officers.
The age limit to apply for the various Group B and Group C posts is 18 to 27 years. The maximum age limit is 30 years for certain posts.
Minimum Education Qualifications
- The minimum education qualification to apply for the SSC exam is a Bachelors degree or an equivalent of the same from a recognized University or institute.
- For the post of Assistant Audit Officer or Assistant Accounts officer, it is desirable to have a degree in Chartered Accountancy/ cost and Management accountancy/ company secretary/ Masters in Commerce/ Masters in Business Studies/ Masters in business administration (finance)/ Masters in Business economics.
- For the post of a Junior Statistical Officer, it is desirable to have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject from a recognised institute or university with at least 60% marks in Mathematics in the 12th standard or a Bachelor’s degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subject at degree level.
- Candidates in the final year of their graduation this year can also apply for SSC Exam 2020 provided they meet all the other eligibility criteria.
Physical Standard Eligibility
There is physical standard eligibility for the posts of Sub Inspector, Inspector in Central Excise, Examiner. Preventive Officer, Inspector and sub-inspector in CBN.
The SSC Exam has multiple tiers, each of them conducted of different dates.
Tier 1- Preliminary
There is a written objective multiple-choice exam under this tier, carrying a total of 200 marks, that has 4 sections based on General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English comprehension. This can be done online for the SSC Exam 2020.
This also contains 4 papers of the written objective multiple-choice exam covering a variety of subjects.
Tier 3- Descriptive Paper
This is an offline essay/ letter/ précis/ application writing exam which can be done in English/ Hindi.
Tier 4- Data Entry skill test/ Computer Proficiency Test
This depends on the position applied for and consists of a Data entry speed test and computer proficiency that includes word processing, spreadsheets and making slides.
Best Books for SSC Preparation
Some important books subject wise are as below-
- English for General Competitions: from Plinth to Paramount Vol 1 by Neetu Singh
- A mirror of Common Errors by Dr. Ashok Kumar
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakashan
- Objective General English b: S. P. Bakshi
- Advance maths for General Competitions by Rakesh Yadav
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning by M. K. Pandey
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R. S. Agrawal
General Knowledge by Dr. Binary Karn
How to prepare for SSC exam
Some of the best SSC Exam coaching centres in Bangalore can prepare you the best possible way for SSC Exam…Here are some vital tips for you:
- Focus more on the exceptions to rules of English grammar
- There is negative marking…so, do not mark answers you aren’t sure of
- Practice unusual questions from each chapter rather than the regular ones
- Focus on application of theories instead of learning them by rote.
- Practice thoroughly before the exam through mock tests, sample questionnaires etc.
The questions are generally straight forward in this exam but could be difficult if you are out of touch. Join us a Success Mind Academy, one of the best SSC Exam Coaching in Bangalore, to give you an all-rounded preparation for the exam.
Post Your Comment Here