IES exams or Indian Engineering Services exams are conducted annually by the UPSC. These are probably the most popular choice of career for graduates in engineering in India and thus one of the most difficult exams to crack. The UPSC seeks to recruit engineers from various domains through these exams such as Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Electronics and Telecommunications. A good IES Exam coaching centre in Bangalore is your best bet to guide you through the trials and tribulations.
What is the pattern these exams follow?
The best IES exam coaching in Bangalore can guide you with the pattern. You have to appear for two stages of written exams which are then followed by an interview. Every year these exams are held for the limited number of available posts. Hence, the exam is considered to be very competitive and thus very tough.
Such competitiveness associated with these exams however, also attributes immense amounts of respect and value to those who are able to clear it. It is therefore very crucial to follow the right techniques of preparation and then to write the best answers in the IES exam.
How to write the best answers in IES exam
- The IES exam pattern/ syllabus, as you will be introduced to by IES exam coaching in Bangalore, is such that it tests not only your academic knowledge but also your general knowledge, aptitude and even your personality. Therefore it is imperative that you first understand the entire syllabus of the exam and then make preparations for each aspect of the exam in its entirety.
- Reading the text carefully and thoroughly is the key. So, read every word properly including all titles and subtitles etc.
- When you are attempting a numerical problem, begin your solution by stating the facts and definite values that are stated in the problem. Go on to what you are expected to calculate and finally start answering the question.
- Be sure to write down the requisite formulae; try to make them conspicuous by placing them within small brackets. Easy to derive formulae needs to be used in the answer paper for best scores.
- Ensure you write down all the steps of calculation putting the necessary values in each. By not skipping any of the steps, you can score at least a few marks in case you go wrong with the numerical somewhere.
- Once you have solved the problem and have arrived at a solution, write it accompanied with the exact unit as applicable and then underline the answer to bringing it in plain view easily.
- When attempting to answer theoretical questions, it is best to enumerate the points. This means, stating each particular aspect in bullet points and then going about explaining each of them elaborately. Stating the answer in this format keeps it to the point and prevents going around in circles.
- When you are drawing diagrams, make use of a pencil and a ruler. Write in legible handwriting in precise and to the point answers. Attempt the maximum number of questions possible and practise tie management.
Despite IES exams being one of the toughest in the country, there is nothing that good coaching cannot see you through. One of the best IES Exam Coaching Centres in Bangalore, Success Mind Academy, with our expert mentors can guide you through the best ways.